Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Black & White Photography with my Leica M6

I recently spent a few days in Scotland photographing more aspects of the "day in the life of" a Scottish Estate assignment, and decided on impulse to take my Leica M6 to use alongside my workhorse the Leica M8. I had not used the M6 for ages, and found it a joy to use, slightly smaller, quieter and knowing one had only 36 shots up the barrel so to speak, meant one was more composed when using it.

On returning to London, I decided to stock up with some Black and White Film and went off to Calumet in Drummond Street, where i found the film cabinet, now stuck forlornly in a corner with rather a sparse set of films to choose from! I bought 5 packs of Ilford XP2, all they had and resolved to have the M6 with me most days and see what caught my eye.
I have created a slide show of Black & White photography with my Leica M6, out of the 1st of these films to be developed taking photographs around Fulham and at the Saatchi Gallery and scanned and am pleased with the results so far.

I look forward to the rest and to stocking up with lots more film as one can now plainly see the writing is on the wall for film in the longer term, though enthusiasts will try to keep it going as long as possible.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by stefan lubo at Wednesday, February 02, 2011

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home